cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_m8519

Using Gallery/Text input search to display column name in text input on a new page

Hello,

I'm working on an app that records chemical formulation for research and development. I would like the user to be able to update formulations after the original record was created. I was able to create a gallery that users can search in order to find the formula they would like to update. However, I would like the 'formula name' column of the record to be displayed in a text input box at the top of the next (update) screen so the user can see what formula they are updating. I want this to happen when the user presses the > icon on the gallery screen. Is this possible?PowerApps1.pngPowerApps2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@alex_m8519 before navigate function on next arrow > icon, add set function.. Set(varSelectedFormula, Gallery2.Selected)

So OnSelect of > will look like Set(varSelectedFormula, Gallery2.Selected); Navigate('Update Formula 2')

& later on you can set values (on the next screen controls) accordingly by accessing fields like varSelectedFormula.Name likewise..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@alex_m8519 before navigate function on next arrow > icon, add set function.. Set(varSelectedFormula, Gallery2.Selected)

So OnSelect of > will look like Set(varSelectedFormula, Gallery2.Selected); Navigate('Update Formula 2')

& later on you can set values (on the next screen controls) accordingly by accessing fields like varSelectedFormula.Name likewise..

alex_m8519

Thanks so much it worked!

Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@alex_m8519 glad it helped.. understand the context here.. again.. there is no need to set variable.. you can use the Gallery2.Selected but then it causes redundancy so always store it (Gallery.Selected) in variable and then use that variable on other screens.. 

If this has helped you.. Accept it as Solution so others can also know if they come across the same situation..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,461)