cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astrontelstar
Helper II
Helper II

Using Image in power app from sharepoint list

The data source for my powerpoint app is a Sharepoint List.  One of the columns is a picture column..  When I try to add an edit form the picture field does not show as an option.  I want to be able to edit/add/view records to this column.  Any idea on the problem?

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astrontelstar ,

Would you like to edit/add/view image of the SP list Image type column in Power Apps?

If so, I'm afraid it is not completely supported in Power Apps, since in Power Apps Form, it only support to VIEW image of SP image type column value and edit/add image to SP Hyperlink column via URL.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-sharepoint-onlin...

170.png

See my screenshot:

157.png

As a workaround, you could add a custom card with an Image Control in the Form, link the image control to the Hyperlink column so that it would display the picture in Edit Mode. In New Mode, link image control to the data card value of the URL:

158.png

Image property of the Image Control in the custom card:

If(Parent.DisplayMode = DisplayMode.New, HyperlinkDataCardValue.Text, ThisItem.HyperlinkColumn )

If you would like to add image from local devices, you could use the Attachments column to store the image, and set the Image property of the custom card as follows to display the (first) image added into Attachments:

First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value

If you want to upload image using Addpicture control to update hyperlink column, you need to follow these steps:

create a flow(create a picture file and update it to sharepoint library by using the image uploaded in Addpicture control

->get this picture's link from the sharepoint library

->return this link to powerapps)

->update your hyperlink column by using the link that you returned from the flow

Here's a issue about the steps in details for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Show-an-Image-in-a-form/td-p/606556

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,359)