cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathorto
Frequent Visitor

Using Launch-function to to start up SMS-app

I am able to generate a text message from powerapps using Launch("sms:&body=,"). I am able to populate the text into that formula but here is the rub, the text that want to generate has intentional gaps in it so that my technicians can fill in their name, date of appointment and time of appointment. 

Example: This is ________ with xxxxx reminding you that I’ll be out ____________ between
________  and _________for your annual  inspection.

I would love to give my technicians the ability to Enter their name in text input, select a date in datepicker and  time thhrough a text input and it fill the gaps in the text message. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mathorto ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you would like the "intentional gaps" to be filled within your PowerApps canvas app or the SMS-app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you want to fill these "intentional gaps" dynamically within your canvas app, is it true?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

7.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Launch" button to following:

Launch("sms:&body= This is " & NameInput.Text & " with xxxxx reminding you that I’ll be out "& DatePicker1.SelectedDate & "between "& StarttimeInput.Text & " and " & EndtimeInput.Text & "for your annual  inspection")

Please take a try with above formula, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

This is great!!! You rock so hard! 

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

That's definitely possible.

For example, insert the text input control and then use this forumla- 

Launch("sms:&body=This is ,"&User().Fullname&" with xxx reminding you that I'll be out"&TextInput1.Text)

and you can keep adding more fields using '&'

Hope this helps.

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mathorto ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you would like the "intentional gaps" to be filled within your PowerApps canvas app or the SMS-app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you want to fill these "intentional gaps" dynamically within your canvas app, is it true?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

7.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Launch" button to following:

Launch("sms:&body= This is " & NameInput.Text & " with xxxxx reminding you that I’ll be out "& DatePicker1.SelectedDate & "between "& StarttimeInput.Text & " and " & EndtimeInput.Text & "for your annual  inspection")

Please take a try with above formula, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

This is great!!! You rock so hard! 

Thank you. 

Hi @Mathorto ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identity my solution is helpful.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,988)