Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Using Mouse with Scrollable canvas that contains multiple forms

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug, or its by design.

I have a scrollable canvas which has three separate forms inside 3 section (data cards).

If i use my muse scroll wheel in any of the forms, then only that section scrolls.  Then if I use the grey slider bar to scroll up and down, then the screen will scroll but whatever form the mouse wheel scrolled will be left half displaying.

Is there any setting that locks the forms together so the whole screen scrolls as one, or can i turn individual form scrolling off?

This is how it looks normally:

Iamglt_0-1614305368265.png

If i have the mouse in form 2 and move the scroll wheel:

Iamglt_1-1614305748864.png

Cheers,

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok found the problem - issue was with the form Height.  Once I increased it the form no longer scrolls.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Iamglt ,

As you said, the scrolling screen is essentially made up of datacards.

If you want to scroll the entire screen, you only need to insert controls into the datacard.

Please refer to the picture below:

AAA.gif

Unfortunately, you cannot insert the form control into the datacard.

I will provide two pictures for comparison.

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1614324462573.png

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1614324502602.png

So I suggest you split screen instead of using Scrollable screen.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Ok so will inserting all three forms into 1 data card do the trick?  At the moment I have 1 form per data card.

Cheers,

G.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Iamglt ,

You cannot insert form control into the datacard.

I suggest create three screen.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi Wearsky,

Thanks for your reply.  I managed to put multiple forms into one data card (if you insert a form, then cut the form, select the data card and then paste the form, the form will then sit inside the data card: 

Iamglt_0-1614336719572.png

The user needs to see all of this information on one screen so bouncing between screens is not practical for her. 

There must be a way to lock each of the forms so they don't scroll independently of the side scroll bar.  I'll raise a support request with Microsoft on Monday.

Cheers,

G. 

Ok found the problem - issue was with the form Height.  Once I increased it the form no longer scrolls.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,986)