cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using OneDrive for Business Excel File to Add Picture to Gallery

So, I have a column that has links to pictures saved in an Excel Document stored on OneDrive for Business.  I can't get the actual image to show up in the gallery I have inserted into my PowerApp.

It is seeing the column as 'Text' data and I don't know how to format it as a picture.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Using OneDrive for Business Excel File to Add Picture to Gallery

Hi @UntuckedKyrie ,

Is the data source of the Gallery control a SharePoint list? If so, may I know how did you link the pictures to SharePoint list?

You mentioned that the pictures are stored inside an excel file in OneDrive for Business. Did you mean that in your excel file, the pictures are stored as links, and the pictures are acutally uploaded to OneDrive for Busines folder? 

What is this column's column type in SharePoint list? Is it a Hyperlink or Picture column?

Or if you only want to manage the images from Excel table in PowerApps, then please refer to the documentation below:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

Notice that to make it work with PowerApps, the column name to store the images must be "xxxx[image]" in excel table.

Regards,

Mona

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Using OneDrive for Business Excel File to Add Picture to Gallery

Hi @UntuckedKyrie ,

Is the data source of the Gallery control a SharePoint list? If so, may I know how did you link the pictures to SharePoint list?

You mentioned that the pictures are stored inside an excel file in OneDrive for Business. Did you mean that in your excel file, the pictures are stored as links, and the pictures are acutally uploaded to OneDrive for Busines folder? 

What is this column's column type in SharePoint list? Is it a Hyperlink or Picture column?

Or if you only want to manage the images from Excel table in PowerApps, then please refer to the documentation below:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

Notice that to make it work with PowerApps, the column name to store the images must be "xxxx[image]" in excel table.

Regards,

Mona

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,361)