cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using Patch() write to Azure SQL Server table - Datasource is read-only error

I'm trying to write a gathered set of coordinates stored in variables to an Azure SQL Server using Patch() and I'm getting the 'Datasource is read-only' message in PowerApps.

PA_AzureReadOnlyError.png

The account I'm using to connect the PowerApp to the database is an SA level account on the server. Do I need to also add permissions on the database itself or should I be looking at the connection in PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Using Patch() write to Azure SQL Server table - Datasource is read-only error

I discovered the answer and it is not read-only permission related. My table did not have a Primary Key. A PK is required for Patch() to write to the table.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Using Patch() write to Azure SQL Server table - Datasource is read-only error

I discovered the answer and it is not read-only permission related. My table did not have a Primary Key. A PK is required for Patch() to write to the table.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,799)