cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASNET_MCummins
Frequent Visitor

Using PowerApps ListBox with Dynamics 365

MY GOAL:

I need to use PowerApps to collect Dynamics 365 LEADS in offline mode at a show where the internet is unreliable, and to insert them once they are online.

I have already used PowerApps to create a proof of concept that will do exactly this, but only with straightforward text input fields.

My problem is with selecting one to many products per lead.

In Dynamics:

Under CUSTOMIZATIONS > COMPONENTS > OPTION SETS I created a global OPTION SET called “My Product List”. I populated this list with options for a list of product names.

Under CUSTOMIZATIONS > ENTITIES > LEAD > FIELDS I created a new FIELD called “Products of Interest” that is a Type “MultiSelect Option Set” and chose the “My Product List” option set I created above.

In PowerApps, when editing my offline form, clicking through to the data set and refreshing, I can see the “Products of Interest” field, but adding it to the data card results in the creation of a single line text box.

In PowerApps INSERT > CONTROLS There is a LIST BOX control that looks like what I need.

Can the Data Card’s TEXT INPUT be replaced with a LIST BOX that can be updated by the OPTION SET created above and used to create a new lead with the appropriate values for the MULTISELECT OPTION SET mentioned above?

if this is not possible, what simpler alternatives do I have?

The sales associates need to be able to take down basic customer information including multi-selecting from a list of products they are interested in.

If this is not possible, what do you recommend?

I have tried simply using a ListBox control, but this is the error I receive when trying to change the UPDATE attribute to something like "ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value"

"The property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Table values"

Using only this simpler solution, what syntax can I use to store the ListBox data in a text field? What kind of field should I be using if not text?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,941)