Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Using SET inside a FORALL Statement

Hi, 

I've seen various answers to this question, but I'm not able to work them out to suit my needs. I'm trying to create a Sharepoint folder structure from PowerApps. I'm calling a Power Automate flow to create the folder. The following code works fine:

ForAll(SharepointList1, ST_CreateFolder.Run(vYear, vTest, Title, "Dept1")); - so in this case, Title is derived from SharepointList1

What I would like to do however is loop through another Sharepoint list to derive the hard-coded value for "Dept1". What I was hoping was that I could do something like this.......but I now know this isn't possible.

ForAll(SharepointList2, Set(vDept, Title), ForAll(SharepointList1, ST_CreateFolder.Run(vYear, vTest, Title, vDept)));

Hopefully that makes sense. Is anyone able to guide me on this please?

Thanks, Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@PowerRanger 

One thing to be aware of is that ForAll is not a traditional For Next loop as that would be more conducive to development...which PowerApps is not.

Also ForAll returns a table/collection.  So, it is quite easy to collect all the results of your Run results and then use that in another ForAll.

I'm not entirely clear on your intention with what you are trying to do, but some options are:

1) Lookup the value you want

ForAll(SharepointList1, ST_CreateFolder.Run(vYear, vTest, Title, LookUp(SharePointList2, someCriteria, Title)))

2) Identify the Title as something else

ForAll(SharepointList2 as list2, ForAll(SharepointList1, ST_CreateFolder.Run(vYear, vTest, Title, list2.Title)))

3) Combine the items in List2 into List1 and run against that

ForAll(

AddColumns(SharePointList1, "list2Items", Filter(SharePointList2, somecriteria)),  

ForAll(list2Items, yourRunStatementHere)

)

Some of the above may give you some guidance on where to go next.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

@PJBruen 

As you already figured ut you can't use Set withn a ForAll. You could use Collect instead to wright the results into a Collection.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@PowerRanger 

One thing to be aware of is that ForAll is not a traditional For Next loop as that would be more conducive to development...which PowerApps is not.

Also ForAll returns a table/collection.  So, it is quite easy to collect all the results of your Run results and then use that in another ForAll.

I'm not entirely clear on your intention with what you are trying to do, but some options are:

1) Lookup the value you want

ForAll(SharepointList1, ST_CreateFolder.Run(vYear, vTest, Title, LookUp(SharePointList2, someCriteria, Title)))

2) Identify the Title as something else

ForAll(SharepointList2 as list2, ForAll(SharepointList1, ST_CreateFolder.Run(vYear, vTest, Title, list2.Title)))

3) Combine the items in List2 into List1 and run against that

ForAll(

AddColumns(SharePointList1, "list2Items", Filter(SharePointList2, somecriteria)),  

ForAll(list2Items, yourRunStatementHere)

)

Some of the above may give you some guidance on where to go next.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Perfect - thanks.

Option 2 was the winner!

Regards,

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,915)