cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
irondinges
Frequent Visitor

Using SharePoint custom forms in PowerApps mobile

I have a SharePoint form that I've customised with PowerApps (by following the link from SharePoint). The app was not built by going to PowerApps and selecting build new app.

When I open PowerApps on my Android phone, this app does not appear.

Apps that I've created by starting in PowerApps and connecting to data from there do appear in mobile PowerApps, but none of the SharePoint custom forms appear in mobile PowerApps.

Is there a way to connect to these custom forms on mobile?

I do understand that the mobile SharePoint app is not able to use custom PowerApps forms (for the life of me I cannot understand why this is the case - I hope this is fixed soon), but I do expect that a PowerApp should be accessible on mobile once it has been built.

Is this another limitation of the system, or is there a way for me to use my custom forms on mobile?

If the only way to use PowerApps on mobile is to create them on the studio (and not from SharePoint), is it possible to use apps created this way as custom forms when selecting items in SharePoint?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Using SharePoint custom forms in PowerApps mobile

Hi @irondinges 

You are correct, the only way to use PowerApps on mobile is to create them in the studio (and not from SharePoint)

What you can do though on the Sharepoint side is to replace the whole form with a label or button, and have that button's OnSelect

Launch("your form url")

I have done this for several forms where I don't want them using the embedded form experience and would prefer a landscape form with more control:

image.png

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat
Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is,
keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Super User
Super User

Let me know if this works for you @irondinges - I've used it quite a lot, and this way I only have to update one studio app instead of two separate studio and sharepoint-form apps 🙂

@iAm_ManCat
Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is,
keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

irondinges
Frequent Visitor

@iAm_ManCat 

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try it when I get a chance and accept your answer as solution once confirmed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,657)