cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Using Views and Selecting Gallery Item For Details Form

Just started using Powerapps.  I'm doing a tablet app.  I'm using SQL Server currently but plan to use Azure SQL DB in production.  I'm starting with Client table.  I created a Gallery on left that uses a View (ClientVGA) that contains ClientName and ClientID.  When the user selects a Client using right arrow the Gallery is made hidden and the Details form is shown.  I use a different View (ClientVDT) for Details form.  My question is:

What is the proper way to get the right record in the Details form (ClientVDT) that matches the record selected in the Gallery using the ClientVGA view.  I'm using view to minimize bandwidth and simplify the app.

ClientGallery.pngClientDetails.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Using Views and Selecting Gallery Item For Details Form

Usually the detailed form uses the same data source as the Gallery and then the Item property of the Detailed form gets set to Gallery.Selected. If you are going to use two different data sources then you are going to have to do a lookup in the Item property of the detailed form to find the correct record in the other view based on what was selected in the Gallery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Usually the detailed form uses the same data source as the Gallery and then the Item property of the Detailed form gets set to Gallery.Selected. If you are going to use two different data sources then you are going to have to do a lookup in the Item property of the detailed form to find the correct record in the other view based on what was selected in the Gallery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Thanks for quick reply.  Worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,835)