cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Using a Datepicker Date Value as Flow Input

Hey,

i recently build and app that, n order to start requires the User to make 2 date entries before it can start. Thos ehave to be in the YYYY-MM-DD format as the flow requires that exact format to do its thing. When I use a textfield asking the User to put in times manually in the requested format and connect the button with the text-textinput1/2 value, everything works perfectly fine.

However when i try to make it more comfortable and offer datepicker instead of textinput fields it gets messy. Although i changes the format(display format) of the date picker to yyyy-mm-dd i cant get it to forward that to the flow. Instead it will always send DD/MM/YYYY. Im not sure what i have to do so i can get the right input format to my flow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You can use the Text function to convert the selected date in the date picker to the format that the flow expects. Something along the lines of

MyFlow.Run(Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "yyyy-mm-dd"))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You can use the Text function to convert the selected date in the date picker to the format that the flow expects. Something along the lines of

MyFlow.Run(Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "yyyy-mm-dd"))

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you it worked perfectly

Highlighted

sorry but I'm not an expert. where is this command inserted? directly into the FLOW , where?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,645)