cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajennings1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Using a LoadingSpinner screen when executing Flow

I have a Menu with various buttons. For one of my buttons, in the 'OnSelect' method, a Flow runs that executes a stored procedure on SQL Server that populates a ListBox on the subsequent screen. I want to have the Loading Spinner visible for the entire time the '.Run()' method is executing insteading of the Loading Spinner just appearing at the end.

Currently, my button just resembles a disabled button for the execution of the stored procedure:

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to have the load spinner appear when something is being executed?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

HI @ajennings1 

1) Create a rectangle icon and spread it over to the whole screen, Now set its properties to:
    Fill: RGBA(230, 230, 230, .4)
    Visible: LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
2) Choose a Loading Spinner GIF from and upload it as a media into your PowerApps. Now place an Image control pointing to the uploaded image.
    Set the Visible property to LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
3) Now, set the "OnVisible" property of your screen to : Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
4) On the button that submits the flow, please update the OnSelect property as:
 OnSelect: Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true);PowerAppsFlow.Run();Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
    Here, all the actions that need to be carried out should be between the Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true) and Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false).

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

HI @ajennings1 

1) Create a rectangle icon and spread it over to the whole screen, Now set its properties to:
    Fill: RGBA(230, 230, 230, .4)
    Visible: LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
2) Choose a Loading Spinner GIF from and upload it as a media into your PowerApps. Now place an Image control pointing to the uploaded image.
    Set the Visible property to LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
3) Now, set the "OnVisible" property of your screen to : Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
4) On the button that submits the flow, please update the OnSelect property as:
 OnSelect: Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true);PowerAppsFlow.Run();Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
    Here, all the actions that need to be carried out should be between the Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true) and Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false).

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
stapes
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't see a rectangle icon?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @stapes 

You can add a rectangle from:

Top Menu: Insert -> Icons -> Scroll down and choose rectangle.

tem1.png

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

is this still a working solution? I tried, but the image I set to visible before all other actions follow does not show up.

Thanks

Lukas

Did you bring an image to the front?

@yashag2255@ajennings1  How the flow PowerAppsFlow.Run() should look like? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,634)