Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaguarMonkey
Helper I
Helper I

Using a browse gallery to create a filtered gallery

Hi All

I am trying to build a model for a company web tools portal.  

The model I came up with was to have two browse screens.  In one, the user will see all the different web tools the company has.  One of the controls in the template is a toggle.  By default all toggles are set to off.  It is supposed to act as a filter to determine whether that record should be displayed in the user personal screen (Screen_2)

The user will then turn on the toggles for the tools they want on their personal screen (screen_2).

Is there a way to create a function for the toggle to make it updates the corresponding record ONChange?

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JaguarMonkey 

In general, you'd only need to filter the first gallery -  Filter(yourToolGallery, yourToggle.Value) 

This will return a table of all of the toggles items from the tool gallery.

You can use that formula as an Items property for your other gallery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thanks Randy.  Yes and No.  The part I am struggling with is having the toggle change the Show value as soon as the state changes.  Since the users are not 'Editing' the record, I need that record to be updated as soon as the value of the toggle changes.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JaguarMonkey 

Formulas that reference controls in PowerApps are updated immediately.  So what I mentioned about the Filter on the Gallery would immediately reflect the change.

But, are you stating that when the user changes the Toggle, you want to update the record in the datasource?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes  Indeed.   There is a Yes/No choice field in the Sharepoint List that indicates if the user wants to see this item in their browse list.  So the I want to use one browse gallery with all available items and each with their own toggle, so that after the user visits that gallery, a second browse gallery only shows those items where the users put a toggle on the show position.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,582)