cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vffdd
Super User
Super User

Using a slider as progress bar with dates

So I'm using a slider to measure progress against SLA dates.  I followed this video https://youtu.be/rkENxo2_PX8 to find out how to do it but I had to adjust slightly to take business days into account and not just regular days.

I have no errors and I feel it's almost there.  I think the max is fine however it's just not working correctly so I think the issue is at the "default" for the slider.

So for Max I have this  

RoundDown(DateDiff(DPAssigned.SelectedDate, DPCurrentSLADate.SelectedDate, Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +Mod(5 + Weekday(DPCurrentSLADate.SelectedDate) - Weekday(DPAssigned.SelectedDate), 5)

and at Default I have this

DateToday-DPAssigned.SelectedDate

which I know is not right as it's too simplistic ! and it doesn't take business days into account.  I've tried numerous combinations but no joy.

The 2 date fields that being compared are  DPAssigned    and DPCurrentSLADate    both Date picker fields and I need the slider to show me visually where I am today based on those dates...

Any ideas?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vffdd ,

The Default property (the day difference between today and the first day) should also take business days into account.

Please modify the Default property as follows.

RoundDown(DateDiff(DPAssigned.SelectedDate, Today(), Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +Mod(5 + Weekday(Today()) - Weekday(DPAssigned.SelectedDate), 5)

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vffdd ,

The Default property (the day difference between today and the first day) should also take business days into account.

Please modify the Default property as follows.

RoundDown(DateDiff(DPAssigned.SelectedDate, Today(), Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +Mod(5 + Weekday(Today()) - Weekday(DPAssigned.SelectedDate), 5)

Sik

Thanks Sik, I actually had that originally and didn't think it was what I wanted, but on closer checking it actually is !  I probably just needed external confirmation !! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,892)