Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamH
Post Patron
Post Patron

Using a table for data

Hi,

I've been looking around to see if I can find a way to use a table like the one below in my app. 

I'm not using excel as my data source, just using it as an example.

Table.png

I'm trying to replicate a paper based form we use. In my app, I would like to display a list of questions (left hand side) and then allow the user to check the appropriate answer (along the top), and once completed, submit the form / data back to SP List. 

The idea would then be by using flow and some good old HTML, export a PDF. 

I'm in the early design stages at the moment, so throw your ideas to me! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@AdamH Hope you got your answers!

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept the solution as it will help others in the future.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CNT
Super User
Super User

@AdamH The Columns you have shown in excel will be the Columns in your SP List along with another column "Question No".

To design this in a Canvas App, you can use a Gallery with each Question corresponding to one row and each column will be a check box.

You can use Gallery.AllItems to get the user selection and then Patch it to the SP List.

Hope this helps!

@CNT 

I think I know what you mean.

Insert a gallery but then edit the gallery and insert check box's and use ThisItem. - Is that correct?

If I had other columns in my SP List - Such as name or date ect, how would I stop these from showing in the gallery?

@AdamH 

Insert a gallery but then edit the gallery and insert check box's and use ThisItem. - Is that correct? YES

If I had other columns in my SP List - Such as name or date ect, how would I stop these from showing in the gallery? To shown anything in a Gallery you add controls (Labels, Buttons, Checkboxes etc.,) and you decide what you want to show. You don't have to show everything. It's entirely up to you.

CNT
Super User
Super User

@AdamH Hope you got your answers!

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept the solution as it will help others in the future.

View solution in original post

@CNT 

Yes thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,699)