Im starting a new thread because my last thread was kinda confusing. 😛
So here is my detailed explanation:
- Im loading all my CDS data into a local Collection.
- My gallery screen is filled with the local Collection items (but only shows Projekt No, order no and date)
- I got six other screens with forms which has my Local collection as datasource.
- I have a save Button with a if condition about connection status
- connected : patch forms to CDS
- !connceted: patch forms to offlineDataCollection
This structure is already working 🙂
The Idea I want to implement
- I have a "+" button for a new item. That means my six forms has the mode "new" and all input fields in my forms are empty.
- I have a ">" button to edit a existing item (selected item from gallery). that means he switches to "edit" mode and fill the input fields in my forms with the data of the selected item.
- For View mode there is a "View" button. I think its the same algorithm as the edit button has.
So my Question is what do I need to setup in my app ?
I have tried to use this guide as help. But I cant fill the forms :(.
My Edit mode is alaways like the New mode
From what I understand your form's new and edit modes are showing exactly the same result. I have a couple of suggestions:
#1 Make sure your gallery and your form have the same datasource in the Datasource property
#2 Change the Item property of your form to this code
#3 Make sure to define what mode the form should open. Change the OnSelect property of your nav buttons to this code.
Add: NewForm(your_form_name);Navigate(other_screen_name,None); Edit: EditForm(your_form_name);Navigate(other_screen_name,None);
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
only 50% working (does not work with toggles
on start Im saving my 2 options from my option set to 2 local variables
Set( OptionValuesJ; OptionValues.'153490000' //True );; Set( OptionValuesN; OptionValues.'153490001' //False )
This is how im setting up my datacard with toggles
Now how do i read the right values from my toggle datacards in view and edit mode ?
new mode does work 🙂
Ok somehow my local variables arent readable anymore.
How can i setup offline option sets for my toggles ? (true or false)
so i can save them into my local collection ?
So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!
Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.
Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.