Im starting a new thread because my last thread was kinda confusing. 😛
So here is my detailed explanation:
- Im loading all my CDS data into a local Collection.
- My gallery screen is filled with the local Collection items (but only shows Projekt No, order no and date)
- I got six other screens with forms which has my Local collection as datasource.
- I have a save Button with a if condition about connection status
- connected : patch forms to CDS
- !connceted: patch forms to offlineDataCollection
This structure is already working 🙂
The Idea I want to implement
- I have a "+" button for a new item. That means my six forms has the mode "new" and all input fields in my forms are empty.
- I have a ">" button to edit a existing item (selected item from gallery). that means he switches to "edit" mode and fill the input fields in my forms with the data of the selected item.
- For View mode there is a "View" button. I think its the same algorithm as the edit button has.
So my Question is what do I need to setup in my app ?
I have tried to use this guide as help. But I cant fill the forms :(.
My Edit mode is alaways like the New mode
From what I understand your form's new and edit modes are showing exactly the same result. I have a couple of suggestions:
#1 Make sure your gallery and your form have the same datasource in the Datasource property
#2 Change the Item property of your form to this code
#3 Make sure to define what mode the form should open. Change the OnSelect property of your nav buttons to this code.
Add: NewForm(your_form_name);Navigate(other_screen_name,None); Edit: EditForm(your_form_name);Navigate(other_screen_name,None);
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
only 50% working (does not work with toggles
on start Im saving my 2 options from my option set to 2 local variables
Set( OptionValuesJ; OptionValues.'153490000' //True );; Set( OptionValuesN; OptionValues.'153490001' //False )
This is how im setting up my datacard with toggles
Now how do i read the right values from my toggle datacards in view and edit mode ?
new mode does work 🙂
Ok somehow my local variables arent readable anymore.
How can i setup offline option sets for my toggles ? (true or false)
so i can save them into my local collection ?
Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.
The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.