Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gdoty
Level: Powered On

Using both Filter AND Search Functions in Gallery

Hello all,

I'm trying to enable the ability to use both the Filter function AND the Search function within the Gallery but haven't been able to figure out how to do so successfully.

Here is a screen shot of what I'm trying to accomplish.. I would like the user to be able to utilize the "Line Name" and "Pitch" Dropdowns to filter the data but I'd also like for the user to be able to just search items in several other columns (i.e. QCPS and Primary Tool Specification columns at the very least):

Issue1.JPG

The following is the code I'm using without the search ability.. it works in filtering using the "Line Name" and "Pitch" dropdowns:

Sort(Filter('Quality Tracking System',If(IsBlank(DropdownsComboBox1.Selected.Result),true,'Line Name'=DropdownsComboBox1.Selected.Result) && If(IsBlank(PitchDD2.Selected.Result),true,Pitch=PitchDD2.Selected.Result)),Pitch)

I added this code nested within the Filter function but it didn't properly work:

|| SearchBox.Text in QCPS || SearchBox.Text in 'Primary Tool Specification'

Could someone please let me know how to troubleshoot this issue? Thank you very much for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gdoty

Re: Using both Filter AND Search Functions in Gallery

I found the solution here:

Solution here 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gdoty

bump. Anyone have any insight on how to use both Filter AND Search functions in PowerApps to filter data in my Gallery?

Thanks in advance!

gdoty

I found the solution here:

Solution here 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,198)