cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Using data from Sharepoint list in Table view in Powerapps [object Object] problem.

Hi, I am using a (one) multiple select coloumn in the list like "select what cars you have?" where the selected could be for example BMW and Toyota. The result in Powerapps table view is [object object] and I have understand that this is how it works. There are some workaround described on net, but I cant figure  out how to get this to work. Could anyone describe this to a novice? Where do I put what code? Lets say that the list name in SP. is Carowner, the colomn with car choice name is cars.

Is it possible to get it to show BMW, Toyota (or BMW and Toyota) instead of [object object]?

Appriciate any answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Using data from Sharepoint list in Table view in Powerapps [object Object] problem.

Hi @R4ffen :

Can you tell me:

Does your data sheet look similar to the picture below?

1.PNG

I think your problem is caused by data type mismatch.

[object  object] represent that the fields data type is table which is not available in data table control.

I think you can solve it by converting the data type of cars.

In this case, we can use Concat function to concatenate the values in the table into a string.

I’ve made a test for your reference:

Set the cars columns Text property to:

Concat(ThisItem.cars,Value,",")  

2.jpg

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Using data from Sharepoint list in Table view in Powerapps [object Object] problem.

Hi @R4ffen :

Can you tell me:

Does your data sheet look similar to the picture below?

1.PNG

I think your problem is caused by data type mismatch.

[object  object] represent that the fields data type is table which is not available in data table control.

I think you can solve it by converting the data type of cars.

In this case, we can use Concat function to concatenate the values in the table into a string.

I’ve made a test for your reference:

Set the cars columns Text property to:

Concat(ThisItem.cars,Value,",")  

2.jpg

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, yes, my data looks the same. I got the code to work but had to change it a bit. Concat(ThisItem.cars;Value;",") worked. 2 of the , (commas) had to be changed to ; or it didnt work in my Powerapps... Is there any explanation why this?

Thank you very much!! Now Im happy 😁

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @R4ffen :

In some region, “;” represent “,”, “;;”, represent “;”.

I think this link will help you a lot:

Operators and Identifiers in Power Apps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators

Best Regards,

Bof

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am very new here and do not know yet how to post my own question.

I am having a very similar issue with my PowerApp. I have a collection that I am trying to reference, but get [Object object] back when I try to read the values in the collection.

The collection is called OrderItems. In this collection I have three values that I would like to read: ItemCost, ItemName and ItemQuantity (which are tables in the collection)

If I open any of the tables, there are more tables.

Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,359)