cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Using deep linking to change Launch Target through Teams Power App tab

I'm trying to troubleshoot some unexpected differences in how my app works.

Context:

I've built an app that is being used on browser and mobile, and I'm looking to embed it in Teams as well. I had the idea of changing how the Launch() functions for some links and buttons within the Teams tab to keep the user on that tab (changed target the LaunchTarget.Replace) depending on whether they're access the app through Teams or not.

I've gotten the deep-linking portion down (having the app on a website tab with a "?TeamsVar=1" at the end of the url--since the Power Apps tab/connector doesn't allow for passing parameters as far as I could see). This parameter then gets passed to a global variable, which is used as the variable for If/Then statements on my different buttons and links' OnSelect property in a pretty simple format:

If( varTeams = 1, Launch("url", {Teams:1}, LaunchTarget.Replace), Launch("url") )

The Issue:

The code works great on when using the Teams desktop version, the launch commands function exactly as expected without affecting the standard way that my users are access the app. However, when testing this on the online version of Teams (accessing it through the office.com/ portal) those same launch commands no longer work at all. They don't open in a new tab, and they don't launch the URL at all. 

Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,834)