I'm assuming this is a bug.
I created an output property with two parameters that are tables. I then set the default shape of the tables. When I call the output in my app, it always errors and says the table shape doesn't match.
My shape matches (I've copy and pasted from the default shape).
If I take away one of the parameters, everything works fine. When I add a second parameter, it won't accept any table shape.
The Parameters are experimental!!
I have seen this same issue with using a tables in a component.
1) Two tables in a component...constant schema error
2) Param 1 as a table and Param 2 as something else...constant schema error
3) Param 1 as something else and Param 2 as a table - no problem.
I'm sure there will be changes to this experimental feature yet to come.
I hope this is helpful for you.
Ah... well, if you're looking a a bug breeding ground - Components are the place to look!
I spend more time tracking down and working around bugs in the Components than they are worth. I really love the idea and am so excited that the team has implemented the actions - I'd like to feel it was based on my idea from a long time ago.
But, the reality is, I just see so many anomalies in the Components and have been burned by them in production too many times to rely on them yet. I've had icons show up in labels, tables that get corrupted, and just plain wackiness with the Formula editor in the components.
Anyway...happy bug hunting.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.
May the fourth be with you, join us online!
See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.