Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connor551
Resolver I
Resolver I

Using multiple table input parameters in a component always errors

I'm assuming this is a bug.

I created an output property with two parameters that are tables. I then set the default shape of the tables. When I call the output in my app, it always errors and says the table shape doesn't match. 

My shape matches (I've copy and pasted from the default shape). 

If I take away one of the parameters, everything works fine. When I add a second parameter, it won't accept any table shape.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 150758.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Connor551 

The Parameters are experimental!!

I have seen this same issue with using a tables in a component.  

Some observations:

1) Two tables in a component...constant schema error

2) Param 1 as a table and Param 2 as something else...constant schema error

3) Param 1 as something else and Param 2 as a table - no problem.

I'm sure there will be changes to this experimental feature yet to come.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

@RandyHayes Thanks for the additional info sir!

My goal here was to give the dev team some bug/error info 🙂

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Connor551 

Ah... well, if you're looking a a bug breeding ground - Components are the place to look!

I spend more time tracking down and working around bugs in the Components than they are worth.  I really love the idea and am so excited that the team has implemented the actions - I'd like to feel it was based on my idea from a long time ago.

But, the reality is, I just see so many anomalies in the Components and have been burned by them in production too many times to rely on them yet.  I've had icons show up in labels, tables that get corrupted, and just plain wackiness with the Formula editor in the components.

Anyway...happy bug hunting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,817)