cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using outlook.com Connector In Flows

I know that an o365 Account should be used when creating Flows, however, I wanted to test by using an outlook.com (should be used with a Personal Microsoft Account). 

I was successfully able to use an outlook.com connector while logged onto flows with my o365 account. I did change my password recently, propagating to Windows Azure, which then caused the outlook.com connector to display Invalid Login. I have the option of updating and it no longer authenticates with my 0365 Account. It is requiring a Microsoft Account to be used for authentication.

I also try adding a new outlook.com connection inside of PowerApps/Connections, but I can't authenticate using my o365 account any longer. It gets me to try and authenticate against login.live.com, so know it is wanting the Microsoft Account.

My question is why I can no longer add that outlook.com connector while being logged into o365?

Thanks a bundle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Using outlook.com Connector In Flows

This is the reason why it once worked but no longer does: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/outlook/

Outlook.com Connector:

"

Important

This connector is no longer supporting enterprise accounts due to security policies. Existing connections will continue to work for some time, but new connections are not allowed. Enterprise accounts should use the Office 365 Outlook connector which has the same functionality as the Outlook.com connector. While we understand switching connectors is not trivial, this is necessary to allow better security controls for our users.

"

Thanks for all your replies, everyone. You were all accurate in your assessments.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I tested and I can connect to the Outlook.com connector using my outlook.com account while logged in to power automate with my O365 account. Be sure you are using the correct connector--there is an outlook.com connector and and Outlook connector, and they look very similar

outlook.png

@Dankha if this answers your question, please mark it a solution

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dankha ,

Outlook.com is designed for personal free users, and it doesn't support work or school account, it can only be signed in with personal email addresses. 

See difference between Outlook and Office365(Microsoft 365). https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/outlook/outlook-personal-email-plans?ocid=PROD_outlook... 

If you want to use o365 account, Office 365 Outlook connector , I think, should be more suitable for your case, please have a try.

Sik

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

But a user with an o365 account can also include the outlook.com connector in their flow if they want to have power automate update something in their personal outlook. Just sign in to the connector with your outlook.com account

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is the reason why it once worked but no longer does: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/outlook/

Outlook.com Connector:

"

Important

This connector is no longer supporting enterprise accounts due to security policies. Existing connections will continue to work for some time, but new connections are not allowed. Enterprise accounts should use the Office 365 Outlook connector which has the same functionality as the Outlook.com connector. While we understand switching connectors is not trivial, this is necessary to allow better security controls for our users.

"

Thanks for all your replies, everyone. You were all accurate in your assessments.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,910)