cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troyrowlands
Frequent Visitor

Using sharepoint list in powerapp gallary navigation

Hi all, I am a newbie and trying to create a powerapp home screen with navigation. All data for the home screen is in a sharepoint list. I am using a gallary and linking the image, description  to the sharepoint list. I have done this successfully. I now want to be able to select the gallary item and navigate to a corresponding screen. The screen name is also kept in the same sharepoint list.

e.g SP List = App Menu    
Title   App TabScreenNameDescription   LogoURL
1Rainfall RainfallScreenRainfallURL to Rainfall Logo
2Products ProductsScreenProductsURL to Products Logo

So I have tried to use Navigate(Thisitem.ScreenName) but it will not accept the sharepoint entry. Is there a step I need to add?

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

If you want to Navigate to another screen, Insert a separate button and Onselect Put:

Navigate(PutYourScreenNameHere)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thanks, But I want the entire gallary item to be selectable and onselect navigate to the corresponding screen. The items are from a sharepoint list and so is the screen name. This will make the menu dynamic as the sharepoint list is updated.

Hi,

I don't think this is currently possible, as when you Navigate() you navigate to the screen Object, not its displayname so I don't think it can be read from a SharePoint list, however I would be very happy to be wrong as this has come up several times before, so if anyone has any other ideas for how to do it that way then please feel free to correct me.

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Maybe there is a way to load the screen names from sharepoint into a collection when the app loads and then use these somehow?

I have tried that method before, and can confirm it won't work - The issue is the Navigate function itself, which passes in an Object, not a name, so it expects an actual Control or Screen Object, not the name of a control or screen:

image.png

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,162)