cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eaf3
Frequent Visitor

Using single scan and multi scan Sharepoint list

I am looking to create a small inventory app.  I need to scan a single barcode for the location of the items and then do a scan collection for every barcode item in that location.

I need this information to be loaded to a sharepoint list.  Is there a way to do this? Basically the sharepoint list should be like the attached picture.  

I also attached a picture of how I would like the app to sort of be (not formatted yet though)

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While your solution was not exactly what I needed, it did help me solve my issues. I used 2 barcode scanners.  One i set a variable for a single scan.  Then I used a 2nd barcode scanner to scan and load with the Patch formula.

Patch(ShippingLocations_1, {Title: BarcodeScanner1.Value, AssemblyScan: BarcodeScanner3.Value})

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eaf3 ,

I would suggest that you could create one new item to SharePoint at one time in PowerApps.

You could create the app like we normally do, just use the auto-generated app from Start from data > SharePoint.

Then in the edit form control, unlock the 2 data cards for these 2 columns, and insert 2 barcode-scranner controls. For the 2 textinput controls, set the Default property of the textinput controls to:

Barcode1.Value

and 

Barcode2.Value

Then set the Update property of these 2 data cards to:

TextInput1.Text

and

TextInput1.Text

I assume that both columns are text columns.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I really wanted to be able to have a one to many situation.  Scan one item (location) and all the items in that location with one go.  But if there is not a way to do it.... I guess it will be one scan to one scan.

While your solution was not exactly what I needed, it did help me solve my issues. I used 2 barcode scanners.  One i set a variable for a single scan.  Then I used a 2nd barcode scanner to scan and load with the Patch formula.

Patch(ShippingLocations_1, {Title: BarcodeScanner1.Value, AssemblyScan: BarcodeScanner3.Value})

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,675)