cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimDemma
Helper I
Helper I

Utilizing Dropdown to find line item in Sharepoint list and update with Office365 User Info

Me again!

Trying to be able to search for an Office365 User, then update a SharePoint list column ("Role Assigned") based on the Dropdown Menu's value. For example, If I selected "Family Assistance" under the dropdown and then typed my name in the search box and selected Button1, it would populate the column "Role Assigned" for the list item with "Family Assistance" in the Title column. (I hope that makes sense.

The formula I have in the function box is what is on the button. No errors and when I highlight over the Dropdown.Selected.Title and Title4_1.Text, I get each value that I am looking for. The bottom picture is all the items I have on that screen in case I need to change parts of the formula. 

Thanks!

Powerapps1.PNGPowerapps2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimDemma ,

It looks like the second parameter of patch() is wrong.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1628041218436.png

In other words, it did not find the Item that needs to be updated.

You could try this formula:

Patch(your datasource,Defaults(your datasource),{'Role Assigned':Title4_1.Text})

Please check if the formula will add a new item.

Please check if the value of Title that dropdown2 selected exists in the Title column of the list.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimDemma ,

Could you tell me:

1\ What's your question? Sorry i'm a little confused. 

2\ What's the data type of your 'Role Assigned' column?

vxiaochenmsft_0-1627956644842.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

My question is how to patch the data from Title4_1 to the "Role Assigned" column of my SharePoint List based on what selection I have made from the Dropdown2 menu.

The column is just a simple Single Line of text column for now. I'd like it eventually to be tied to Office365 to see user information. 

Hope that makes it a little more clear. 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimDemma ,

It looks like the second parameter of patch() is wrong.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1628041218436.png

In other words, it did not find the Item that needs to be updated.

You could try this formula:

Patch(your datasource,Defaults(your datasource),{'Role Assigned':Title4_1.Text})

Please check if the formula will add a new item.

Please check if the value of Title that dropdown2 selected exists in the Title column of the list.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,831)