cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshayManke
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Validate Two and If the Condition is True then Submit the Form, Else Show Notification

Hi All,

I am building an application which is having a form with only four fields. One Field is Event which is a dropdown and having two options only respectively 'Birthday' and 'Anniversary'.

To capture Birthday there is a separate 'Single Line of Text' column and for Anniversary there is a 'Date' Column.

What i want is if The DD selected value is 'Birthday' then the it should validate the data card with MM/DD Format and if 'Anniversary' is selected then it should allow to select the date in the respective field.

I am trying to use below examples of regular expression but somehow it is not working as expected. Can anyone please help how to achieve this?

Option 1

If(
    IsMatch(
        DataCardValue4.Text,
        "[0-9]{2}/[0-9]{2}"
    ),
    SubmitForm(NewItem),
    Notify(
        "Birth Date Must Be Entered in MM/DD Format.",
       TraceSeverity.Information
    )
)

Option 2

If(
DDEvent.Selected.Value = "Anniversary" And IsBlank(DataCardValue5), Notify("Enter Date in the Seniority Field"),
DDEvent.Selected.Value - "Birthday" And !IsMatch(DataCardValue4.Text, "[0-9]{2}\/[0-9]{2}"), Notify("Birth Date Must Be Entered in MM/DD 
Format."),
SubmitForm(NewItem))

Thanks,

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Option 2 looks good except that DDEvent.Selected.Value - "Birthday" should be DDEvent.Selected.Value = "Birthday"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Option 2 looks good except that DDEvent.Selected.Value - "Birthday" should be DDEvent.Selected.Value = "Birthday"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Many Thanks @Jeff_Thorpe for highlighting my mistake. 🙂

It worked as expected after correcting as suggested by you. Hence accepting the solution.

Warm Regards,

Akshay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,668)