cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Validation of sign in app not working

Hi Team,

We currently have an iPad at the front desk that gets people to sign in and accept out Health & Safety etc. It then uses a flow to send a teams message to the person they choose from the list notifying them their client etc is here.

The issue I am having is that the forms sign in button/submit button toggles the disabled/enabled mode based on the "I agree" checkbox state. Which mostly works but what is happening is that some times people just type a name in the "who are you here to see box" which is a Office 365 lookup, if they dont select the person from the list and just leave the typed in name, the flow fails to use that name/email to send the teams message and the flow fails. 

James_Anderson_0-1606262470582.png

So my question is, how do I add validation to this so it checks that they selected a name from the dropdown?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@James_Anderson 

Set the datacard for the name field to Required.  If it is empty, the Valid property of the form will be false if the field is empty.

You can then use yourForm.Valid to check that the form is complete.

I have a video on this type of validation.  If you view it, there is a table of contents in the description and you can click on the "Unsaved and Valid" bookmark.  It will take you to 38:21 where you will learn more about how to use this.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Frequent Visitor

What a life saver! I had done all that, just needed to change it to SharepointForm1.Valid on the button and it works!

Thanks so much, have gained a YT subscription from me 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,922)