cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Validations- Validate if email address exist or if correct

Good Day Team,

Could someone give me a hand on helping me to find a way to validate if an email address exist and if it is valid? I have been looking for some solutions but I faild. Any suggestion will be great.

Thanks

Walter 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Validations- Validate if email address exist or if correct

I am not aware of a way to test an email address to see if it exists but you can validate the email address is in the correct format.

This will return true if the EmailAddressFieldName is in the correct format.

IsMatch( [EmailAddressFieldName], Email )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Jeff

Thanks for your solutions, I am trying to get this action done but I dont have experience, this is my first approach and what i need is, if the email is correct then go to the next stage but if email is incorrect i want send an email notification advising that email is incorrec. I have tried with "compose" and condition but I dont know where put or define the string "IsMatch( [EmailAddressFieldName], Email )" Will be great if you can give me a hand.. Thanks

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@walfredfu

You can use the IsMatch function on the OnSelect property of "Submit" or similar button that you might be using in the form.

As @Jeff_Thorpe said, it would only chekc if the email is in the correct format, it won't check if the e-mail itself exists or not. For example, if the user enters abc123@gmail.com , the IsMatch function will return true as the e-mail format is correct. However, if won't check if the e-mail exists or not.

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @ThatAPIGuy for helping me, I was able to do this validation in my Power App form, however the form that is picking the info in this case is a Microsoft Form, once the Microsoft form is submitted the flow start, so what i need is inside the flow create a rule to validate the email or is there a possibility to validate in the Microsoft Form. I know that I am being anoyed probably I am going in the opossite direction.

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Did you get a solution. I'm looking for the exact same thing.

I need a flow to validate if email exists in O365 when the MS form response is received.
This is a COVID-19 sign in form that has a text field for the employee email. The visitor (external) type the host's email (employee's email).
I found that MS form would work best in our case as I can share the link or QR code with the public. But the drop down functionality is very limited. Therefore, I do need a way to validate the email entered by the visitor.

If you found a solution, do you mind sharing it?

Thank you in advance

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can use the Microsoft 365 Users connector in the flow and lookup the user by the email address provided. Then use a condition to check the results and identify if the user exists in your directory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

omelo_0-1595865979999.png

Thank you for your prompt response!

It is running for the past 10 minutes I will cancel it. So I don't know if this works (pic above).

We have +800 employees + guest . Is there a expression or something I could use to read the emails of the employees only so that it will be faster?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,764)