cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ea1409
Frequent Visitor

Validations and records of information from controls that are dynamically added

Hello how good I would like to comment on some doubts that I have about adding controls dynamically

1. How can I validate these controls that are being added dynamically?

*In the gif I show that the text boxes appear as the user writes in them, because they are asking me to do so, but when adding a new control again they all appear suddenly, there is some possibility to make this functionality that is at the beginning it is present in all the controls that are being added dynamically?

appforms.gifif.PNG

*The only formula that I use is a simple if in the Visible event of each text box that verifies that if the previous one is empty then it does not show it to me and otherwise it shows it to me=> If (! IsBlank (txtcausa.Text); true; false)

2. What would be the best way to store all these responses that the user enters in all these controls that are being added dynamically, is there a tutorial to store this in a sharepoint or in an Excel table?

Thank you very much for any information you can give me 😄 

2 REPLIES 2
zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Things like that are usually set up using gallery controls and collections. I suggest you take a look at it. Keyword is "repeating tables". Using just hidden text inputs like you do is technically possible, but it will get really messy when you try to save them somewhere and have to validate which one is empty or not.

Ea1409
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for answering, I'm still new and adapting to everything that powerapps can offer, thanks for enlightening me, you have every reason that it would become a mess when storing it, I will comment on the situation and find out more about it, again Thanks for the information

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,017)