cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TristanW
Level: Powered On

Values appear to change just after submitted

We have a 3 screen app, which includes an edit form, used to collect data from staff in the field, a "success" screen showing what values they've submitted, and a admin-only screen, that can show select users what variables are held.

We're having the following issue:  

• After filling out the form, staff hit the check-mark icon, which has "SubmitForm(Submission1)" in OnSelect.  
  • At that moment, for a partial second, the values in the data cards change, and the user can see it
  • The app screen then transitions to the success screen, which states "Your form has been submitted"

A couple of other notes:

- The OnSuccess property for the edit gallery is set to "Navigate(SuccessScreen, ScreenTransition.None)"

- The changed data happens in a variety of different controls, including drop down, and open text

I'll try to attach a gif to show what this looks like.

Any recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TristanW

Re: Values appear to change just after submitted

I think I figured out what was happening.

On the edit form's gallery, there was still a reference to the BrowseGallery.Selected in the data's "Item" property.  Even though the edit form is setup as "New", it seemed to be breifly showing whatever item it considered selected from the BrowseGallery.  

Strange, but once I cleared the item property, the issue isn't occuring anymore.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TristanW

Update: I've changed the screen transition to "Cover", but am still experiencing the issue.

TristanW

I think I figured out what was happening.

On the edit form's gallery, there was still a reference to the BrowseGallery.Selected in the data's "Item" property.  Even though the edit form is setup as "New", it seemed to be breifly showing whatever item it considered selected from the BrowseGallery.  

Strange, but once I cleared the item property, the issue isn't occuring anymore.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,314)