cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tleicher

Values from multiline text input fields are displayed as single line value in Sharepoint list

I have a powerapp form with a couple of text input controls.

I have set the fields of the form to "Edit multi-line text" (in the layout section of the editform properties).

The mode of the text input controls are set to multiline.

But when I fill out the form and submit it, the values of the multiline text fields are displayed as a single line in the Sharepoint list.

However when I create a new item in the Sharepoint list itself, the values are correctly displayed as multiline.

For example:

When I enter the following in the powerapp text input control:

Item 1

Item 2

It will be displayed like this in my Sharepoint list:

Item 1 Item 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

The SharePoint column needs to be configured as "Multiple lines of text" and set to "Plain text".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

The SharePoint column needs to be configured as "Multiple lines of text" and set to "Plain text".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tleicher,

I cannot reproduce your issue. I have a multiple line of text list column called "MultiLine" and I create the app automantically using the list connection in PowerApps. In edit form, I added the "MultiLine" column and changed its mode to Edit multi-line text:

Capture.PNG

After this, in this MultiLine column, I typed:

And the result is my SharePoint list is like this:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, this did the trick!

This is strange, I have all the settings in the SP list but still get the text in one line.

My situatiuon:

Built an app from a SP list. Our sales team can fill out the form --> triggers flow when new item is created.

This flow sends an email (in HTML format) with all the inserted data to our calculation team.

I have a field where our sales team can enter multiple positions they want to offer, each position should be in an extra line.

In the email I always get it in one line.

Funny thing ist, it worked fine last week?!

Notice: when I fill out the form from the Sharepoint list, everything is fine, as a new window opens to fill out a field with multiple lines.

Anyone an idea what I could do, or overlooked?

thanx in advance

2018-10-30 -Kalkulationsblatt - Gespeichert (nicht veröffentlicht) - PowerApps.png2018-10-30 -Spalte ändern.png2018-10-30 -Neues Angebot schreiben für Alfred Breckner - Nachricht (HTML).png

We also have this issue. Set to Multiple lines of text and Plain text but when you put the field into a Flow it shows as 1 line. 

You can use PlainText function in powerapps. Such as:  PlainText(String).

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,492)