cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smithy15

Values in data source is not displaying values on the next screen.

Hi y'all, 

I first want to say that I am a newbie!

I'm creating an app where the employees can track and update the status of their client's application. So far, I have a screen that has all the clients, which also shows the employee that is working with them and the status of the client's application. 

The problem that I have is when I click on the right arrow to navigate to the next screen to display the applicants details, the data that is stored for that specific client is not there.

The formula that I use for the right arrow is Navigate(ApplicantInfoScreen, None, {Selected: Applicantinfo_1})

Then the formula for the item property on the ApplicantInfoScreen is Defaults(ApplicantInfo_1)

• I chose this formula because previously I was getting an error in which it said "this control expects Record values." Therefore, I decided to use Defaults(Applicantinfo_1) which solved that problem
  • However, the data from the previous screen still did not transfer to the Info screen
  • I know I'm using the wrong formula or syntax but I'm unsure on how to fix that

I also attached screenshots of the app so you can get a better understanding of what I'm talking about 

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me out with this!Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot 2.pngScreenshot 3.png

12 REPLIES 12

@Smithy15 

For editing the information, Form from other screen must be in in FormMode.Edit and then the Item property of the Form from other screen should be SomeGallery.Selected (SomeGallery can be referenced directly, even if it is on the different screen from the Form)

Check if above helps @Smithy15 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smithy15 

Welcome to PowerApps!!

You're close, you just need to set the Item property of your EditForm2 to: BrowseGallery1.Selected

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi Randy,

Thank you for the reply!

I did that but now there's an issue stating "Invalid formula. Expected a value compatible with 'DataSource'

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smithy15 

What is the Items property of your Gallery?  Is it based on the DataSource for your EditForm?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes 

It's "Applicantinfo_1" which is the name of the data source. And yes, it is based on the Data Source for my EditForm

@RandyHayes  

Also, "Applicantinfo_1" Is also the data source

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smithy15 

So, Items on the BraoseGallery1 is Applicantinfo_1

And Datasource on the EditForm is Applicantinfo_1

And the Item property of the EditForm is BrowseGallery1.Selected

And with all of the above verified...you are getting an error for expected a compatible value?

@RandyHayes 

Yeah! Should I refresh the page to see if it changes? Or would that not make a difference?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smithy15 

Doubtful that it would make any difference.  Have you made any changes to the underlying datasource while you've been editing the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,114)