cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prats

Values not showing up in the dropdown

I am new to power apps trying to create a simple dropdown which populates field from a data source

But for some reason the values are not showing up.

Clicking on the dropdown nothing shows up 😐 

Need to know what am I doing wrong here

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Prats ,

Try

Sort(
   Distinct(
      Table1,
      Organisation
   ).Result,
   Result
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi@WarrenBelz ,First of all thanks for looking into this.

I tried adding the function you provided but I am still not able to get any values from the dropdown, still not sure what is missing. 

Is there something wrong in the table itself?

Hi @Prats ,

Try cutting and pasting the control in and out of the card Ctrl-X & Ctrl-V (sometimes resets it - there is nothing more in the formula you can do) - what are you using as a Data Source and how many records do you have in it?

@WarrenBelz  I am using an excel file made in table formatting, uploaded on OneDrive.

Organization is having one value for now but will be adding more 

then there is supplier column which is having around 28 distinct value.

Site column is having 78 values.

Idea is to create a cascading dropdown from selecting the org first then accordingly the suppliers and then the sites available in the supplier.

I am following the tutorials on this but some how I am stuck where the values are not showing up from the dropdown

I even tried for supplier values but they are also not populating.

Sort(
Distinct(
Table1,
Supplier
).Result,
Result
)

Let me know if you require anything else to know more about my issue 🙂

Hi @Prats ,

All I can say is that there should be values in your drop-down (I assume your formula is in the Items property)?

Your original formula should have worked, but I added the specific column to show as a precaution - there are no other formulas to try. Excel however is not a good data source - if you have SharePoint available I suggest you move to it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,029)