cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrKEWatson
Frequent Visitor

Variable default value erases manual value when source changes

So I have a setup where one combo box uses the selection of another to set its default value. It is a very simple code:

If (!(DataCardValue77.Selected.Value = "No App Impacted"), First(Choices([@SourceName].Issue, "Software/Application) 

This works fine. But the problem I am facing is that when the user has manually selected a value in this combo box, and then changes the source control (DataCardValue77) it resets the control to the new default. I was under the impression that the default value only mattered if you hadn't put in a value but this seems to not be the case. Is there a work around for this so that it will only change if the combo box had no value selected?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
DrKEWatson
Frequent Visitor

So I found that if I do an OnChange for the source combobox to set a variable to be either the current selected record in the second combobox or if the second combobox is empty set the variable to the default I want ("Software application") I can then use the variable to be the default value. This means that if a value is alredy present it will become the default if I change the source combo box but if no value is selected it will default it to the right value. I just have to make sure I reset the variables to an empty record after submitting or clearing the form.

But it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,551)