cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Variable which is incremented whenever a (different) user presses a button, but not resetted after closing the App

Hey guys,

in my project I want to have a variable which is incremented everytime someone presses a button. This variable is supposed to be the ID for an performance record which is transfered to Flow. I already tried it with a counter but its resetted everytime I close the App... 
The ID has to be incremented whenever User presses a button and hte data is transfered to Flow.
Or is it maybe better to define such a variable in Flow an increment it whenever the flow is activated?

Any Idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Variable which is incremented whenever a (different) user presses a button, but not resetted after closing the App

You are going to have to have a datasource somewhere where you store the value.  There is no way to maintain a variable when you exit the app. 

You could try using SaveData and LoadData, but those won't work if the app is ever run in a web browser.  So I doubt that will solve the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Variable which is incremented whenever a (different) user presses a button, but not resetted after closing the App

You are going to have to have a datasource somewhere where you store the value.  There is no way to maintain a variable when you exit the app. 

You could try using SaveData and LoadData, but those won't work if the app is ever run in a web browser.  So I doubt that will solve the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,423)