cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Version 2.0.702 broke ability to get SharePoint lookup column additional field values

I have a SharePoint list with a lookup column that is configured to also display additional fields from the source list.  Prior to version 2.0.702, PowerApps could access the values of those additional fields.  When I made an unrelated minor change to my app this morning, it was upgraded to the latest version which broke my app.  Does PowerApps no longer support this, or is it just a bug in the current version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Version 2.0.702 broke ability to get SharePoint lookup column additional field values

Yes - I believe Id is an internal property which should have never shown up in PA. Value is the visible property for UI. While writing some other features we had to fix the bug on our end where in case of lookups we let apps use ID. At the same time you get the new behavior only when you edit and resave the app - it should NOT affect published apps

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Version 2.0.702 broke ability to get SharePoint lookup column additional field values

Exactly same issue

Why did this happen

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sadly had to query the lookup list again to get the information rather than using the additional fields which were available as part of the previous powerapp version

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@rezadurrani28 @scotthanks @rdorrani 

I made a similar post yesterday on the same subject. @SmartMeter had suggested un-installing PowerApps and then re-installing to see if MS had rolled back .702, but no luck I tried that and still got .702

Here's a link to my post on the same subject yesterday https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Bug-Report-Unable-to-Filter-Sharepoint-Document-...

So far there has been no guidance from anyone on the PowerApps team, as to whether Lookup Column support in Sharepoint is getting dropped or this is a temporary glitch? hopefully someone can give us a timeframe as to when the issue will be resolved.

Maybe @Audrie-MSFT can escalate this issue?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi all, things seem to work as expected with lookup type columns in SharePoint.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Can you also please send us a session id. You should be able to pick it up from Account -> Session details

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@mayuroHere are the session details, i don't kno wif you can tell, but it's no longer possible to retrieve or write to the additional fields that are in a Sharepoint online List, this was possible with version 2.0.690 of PowerApps

I'm happy to assist in any way, if you need to do a remote session, I'm happy to avail myself for one, I'm really keen to see this issue resolved.

Thanks.

Session ID: 00c71a2f-275e-7563-ff52-20e43b4b1391
PowerApps 2.0.704

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for the details. Looking at your session there seem to be quite a few things going on. Yes a remote demo and debugging session will help. Can you please email me at mayuro @microsoft.com - We can take it from there?

Thanks,

Mayur

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've already updated my app to deal with the changes in this version.  However, I would like to know why significant changes like this that break existing apps were not included in the release notes for this version.  It's nice to know about new features, but knowing about changes that require redesigning an app much more important to know.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks!!. I Am trying to figure this out as well. Should not happen - and apologies. What were the changes you had to make to get it to work again?

Thanks,

Mayur

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,176)