Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Very Frustrating Data Cards

Hi 

I have a Text Field which is populated from a gallery so :- MyGallery.Selected.Title (which is a Text VAlue)

I want to save that back into a sharePoint list where the field is a single line of text.

The data card is refusing to let me do this and keeps saying that the Defualt Property and the Update property expects a record value and I am giving it a Text Value.  The data is in a Text Input field.  WHY does the Update property and the Update property want them to be set to a Record Value when the field is obviously a Text Field ! 

A very Frustrated

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Very Frustrating Data Cards

In the end I notice that the field was greyed out in the list of fields in the Data Source and there was an ungreyed out version which was not selected. So I deleted the greyed out field and added the un-greyed out field and it all worked.

Thanks for responding ericonline and LanceDelano.

Nigel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Agreed this seems strange.  This is usually because there is something that converted the field to a record along the way or because, underlying the type on SharePoint, is an actual record.  So, I would start by inspecting those things first.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Check out the First function for turning table results into a single text result. If I remember correctly it only works with EITHER a Label or Text Input control (one or the other, not both). 

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

In the end I notice that the field was greyed out in the list of fields in the Data Source and there was an ungreyed out version which was not selected. So I deleted the greyed out field and added the un-greyed out field and it all worked.

Thanks for responding ericonline and LanceDelano.

Nigel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,254)