cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Video Comments

Is there a way to capture all comments on a video as a sharepoint list?

Use Case: Share video with a class and then ask each student to comment on the video. I will like to capture these comments and automate the process of identifying those who have not commented.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Canadiansal,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to collect all the comments from the students for the video and check if someone has not done?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

I think a simple app could achieve your needs.

Here is my scenario.

02.png

I generate an app directly based on the SP list. This app has three screens by default, BrowseScreen for a Gallery to display all the comments from the students, DeatilScreen for a detail form to display the detailed information, EditScreen for an edit form to create or edit the certain comment.

Insert an Video control and upload the video you want the students to watch.

Each student could click the "+" icon to create a comment for the video.

If you make it mandatory for every student to write a comment, you could make some change to the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Combo Box corresponding to the 'Full Name' column.

Make sure that you have connected the Office365Users to your app.

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Combo Box as below:

[User().FullName]

Note: This will populate the Combo Box with the current user.

Every time the student submit the form, a new comment will be created to the SP list.

03.png

If you want to identifying those who have not commented. You could created another SP list storing all the students, compare the submitted record with the one in the second SP list.

As an alternative solution in case that I misunderstand your idea, you could check the following blog for reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Save-multiple-Comments-using-IDs-and-one-to-m... 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Canadiansal,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to collect all the comments from the students for the video and check if someone has not done?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

I think a simple app could achieve your needs.

Here is my scenario.

02.png

I generate an app directly based on the SP list. This app has three screens by default, BrowseScreen for a Gallery to display all the comments from the students, DeatilScreen for a detail form to display the detailed information, EditScreen for an edit form to create or edit the certain comment.

Insert an Video control and upload the video you want the students to watch.

Each student could click the "+" icon to create a comment for the video.

If you make it mandatory for every student to write a comment, you could make some change to the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Combo Box corresponding to the 'Full Name' column.

Make sure that you have connected the Office365Users to your app.

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Combo Box as below:

[User().FullName]

Note: This will populate the Combo Box with the current user.

Every time the student submit the form, a new comment will be created to the SP list.

03.png

If you want to identifying those who have not commented. You could created another SP list storing all the students, compare the submitted record with the one in the second SP list.

As an alternative solution in case that I misunderstand your idea, you could check the following blog for reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Save-multiple-Comments-using-IDs-and-one-to-m... 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helper III
Helper III

Thank Qi. I was actually planning to have them comment directly on the video - like on youtube. I want to make sure that the students watch the video, and not just comment on them. I will have specific contents in the video that they will have to comment on. So what I would like is that they watch the videos - Youtube/Stream - and comment on it. And I would then like to automatically determine who has not commented - so I can follow up with them. Hope this clarifies the scenario.

Helper III
Helper III

On second thought I will probably point them to a survey and have them comment there. I will try this approach first.

Thank you - this was very helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,841)