cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachel007
Frequent Visitor

Video Player not working for everyone

I have built an app for a contest. This year we have added short videos. Folks can upload a video <4MB as an attachment that gets saved to a list in SharePoint. To view videos there is a gallery of the videos. When they select the video it will play in the video player. It works great for me and most folks but there are some folks that the video player is just a blank and will not play any video. I am at a loss as to why it will not work for certain folks. I had the one person update her browser in Chrome and that didn't help either. Any suggestions or limitations for the video player? 

Media fx = First(galImages_4.Selected.Attachments).AbsoluteUri

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For anyone that runs into this issue, use First(ThisItem.Attachemnt).value and not First(ThisItem.Attachemnt).AbsoluteUri.

Apparently this is a known issue and I need to work on my google search words. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
chsanche
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @rachel007 

Can you please check on the browser console for any errors? Are the users able to access the URL directly (not using the app) and view the video? If nothing works, I would recommend you to open a support case to check on this behavior for affected users, but first, make sure you check if they are able to reach the URL and view the video by using the direct path, if they are not able to view the video using the direct URL then this is not a PowerApps issue.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

I tested with one of the users and she is able to view the video directly but not through the power app. 

@chsanche , any ideas why some folks can view the videos and others can't? If I give them a direct link to the video in SP they can watch it. We sent the app out to a few more folks and have the same issue. About half can view the videos the other half can't.

@chsanche, This is still an issue. Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

For anyone that runs into this issue, use First(ThisItem.Attachemnt).value and not First(ThisItem.Attachemnt).AbsoluteUri.

Apparently this is a known issue and I need to work on my google search words. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (53,194)