cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate III
Advocate III

Video embedding for sources such as Vimeo

I have had success using the standard Video control for YouTube content, as simple as setting "media = <myURL>"

The new Stream Video control works well with Stream, as simple as setting "StreamURL = <my URL>"

I've tried and failed to get Vimeo videos working with the original video control. No error, just nothing to see.

All of my content (200+) videos are on Vimeo. Has anyone ever tried to embed Vimeo content?

And for bonus points, why would a simple YouTube URL work but an equally simple Vimeo URL NOT work?

I'm guessing some behind-the-scenes hacks for YT, or firewall issues blocking content from non-sanctioned sources.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Tom,

Looking through this it seems likely that Vimeo uses different video encoding which probably isn't compatible with PowerApps. This might be a better question for Microsoft Support to look through, you can always create a ticket with them and see if this is a known issue.

Instructions on how to create a support ticket is here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Tom,

Looking through this it seems likely that Vimeo uses different video encoding which probably isn't compatible with PowerApps. This might be a better question for Microsoft Support to look through, you can always create a ticket with them and see if this is a known issue.

Instructions on how to create a support ticket is here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Accepting as a "solution" in order to close this thread. It looks like it will be impossible to embed Vimeo content in PowerApps. Note that documentation references YouTube as specifically supported, and not any generic video URL. The most recent update was to add support for Microsoft Stream video content. Good enough for me at this time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,258)