cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsunatsuna
Level: Powered On

View Form error

I would like ask two things;

I made a FormViewer, and I set action (sharepointinttefration>advanced).

But error occur like this;

the function expects an editable form as its input,

the function has some invalid arguments.

I want to use View form as I want to use OnSelect action to Launch(ListBox2.Selected.AbsoluteUri & "?web=1")

onselect action can't be used in editable form.

please tell me how to solve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: View Form error

Hi @tsunatsuna ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "FormViewer1"? Is it a Display form or a Edit form?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think the "FormViewer1" is a Display form, is it true? Currently, within PowerApps, the ViewForm function could only applied to a Edit form rather than Display form. And the Display form is just used to view details of a record, it does not need to be converted into Display form format using ViewForm function.

As an fixed solution, please consider add a Edit form in your app rather than Display form. Then set the OnView property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

ViewForm(EditForm1)

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

More details about the ViewForm function, please refer to the following article:

ViewForm

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tsunatsuna ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "FormViewer1"? Is it a Display form or a Edit form?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think the "FormViewer1" is a Display form, is it true? Currently, within PowerApps, the ViewForm function could only applied to a Edit form rather than Display form. And the Display form is just used to view details of a record, it does not need to be converted into Display form format using ViewForm function.

As an fixed solution, please consider add a Edit form in your app rather than Display form. Then set the OnView property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

ViewForm(EditForm1)

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

More details about the ViewForm function, please refer to the following article:

ViewForm

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
tsunatsuna
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msft 

Thank you for telling me solution.

That's right, it's Display form. So I would add Edit form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,174)