cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

View SharePoint List custom app as standalone app in PowerApps

I have created an app from SharePoint list and have done the app design.

1) However, when I opened PowerApps app (that have been installed from the playstore), my app didnt appear there.  How can I publish and use the SharePoint List custom app to be standalone app in PowerApps app?

2) And, when I click "New" on the SharePoint List, I wanted the form is launched in PowerApps desktop view, not just appears at the right side of the SharePoint list.

New.PNG

Capture.PNG

Kindly advise. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @shabilass 

You can't do what you are asking directly.

The SharePoint form will not be able to be opened directly in PowerApps standalone player or App and the New button can't be set to open a standalone DIRECTLY.

But, what you can do is create a separate standalone App, then, when editing your form, make the form one giant button, that will Launch() the actual standalone App - this way your users will only be able to click that launch button when they press New and will be able to see the App from the Power Apps App Player.

Let me know if you run into any struggles with this,

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @shabilass 

You can't do what you are asking directly.

The SharePoint form will not be able to be opened directly in PowerApps standalone player or App and the New button can't be set to open a standalone DIRECTLY.

But, what you can do is create a separate standalone App, then, when editing your form, make the form one giant button, that will Launch() the actual standalone App - this way your users will only be able to click that launch button when they press New and will be able to see the App from the Power Apps App Player.

Let me know if you run into any struggles with this,

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

Thank you for the reply.

I have one more question, how if I create new canvas app on PowerApps and connect it to a SharePoint list (not customize it from SharePoint) . Whenever users click New in the list page, the app will appear as PowerApps player?

How can i make this?

Thank you.

Hi @shabilass 

What you can do is customize the form, then remove all items from that form, add a timer of 10, and have the onTimer End do a Launch("https://weblinkforyourapp", "", LaunchTarget.'Self')

So what happens is the App starts, waits 10 milliseconds then redirects the user to the standalone Power App.

Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you're struggling with setting it up,

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,966)