cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JollyDodo
Level: Powered On

View and edit notes related to an account

Hey,

I'm trying to an app where I can view an account and see the notes related to this account and then add new ones.

(like what they are doing here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/View-and-edit-timeline-notes/m-p/43...)

However, i'm unable to add notes to the account relationship. (doesn't show up in make.powerapps.com and I can't add relationships to notes)

But Notes already seems to have a relation to notes with the 'regarding' field. This shows the account id.

So I tried to create a form with this function:

LookUp(Notes, Regarding = Gallery1.Selected.Account)

(invalid arugment type)

I think i'm missing something very simple. Anybody knows what function I can use to find the notes related to an account without creating new relationships. (should be doable right since the regarding field is available?)

Kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: View and edit notes related to an account

Hi @JollyDodo ,

Do you want to filter Notes based on the selection of Accounts entity?

Is the Gallery1's Items Accounts entity?

If so, please try this formula:

LookUp(Notes, Regarding = Gallery1.Selected)

//Regarding is a lookup field which is related to Accounts entity.

1213.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JollyDodo
Level: Powered On

@v-yutliu-msft 

Thank you for your message! 

In the picture you can see what i'm trying to accomplish. 

I have a gallery with accounts and from there i wish to select the account and see the notes related to this account. (that are normally in the dynamics timeline. I'm using the cds connector btw.)

Super User
Super User

All of my apps have multiple SharePoint list that all have related fields. I don't like the Gallery.Selected and it won't work well for what you are wanting to do. 

Instead in Gallery 1 have the OnSelect (of icon or something be): Set(varSelected, ThisItem.Title)

Replace Title with the field in Gallery 1 that is related to your item from list 2

The items for list 2 would be LookUp(DataSource, ParentID=varSelected)

ParentID being the column in your second list that is related to the first.

Keep in mind that whatever fields you have tied need to be unique for this. If I am doing a SharePoint List I use the ID field to ensure this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,680)