Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AislingFaulkner
Helper III
Helper III

Viewing SharePoint List attatchments

Hi Guys,

I'm building an app where multuple documents will be attatched to a list item. While I'm able to display them as images in a gallery, I am not able to view non image type attatchemnts outside of the gallery thumbnail image. 

I have gotten this to work with document libraries before, but am looking to avoid using flow to upload all list attatchements to document libraries. 

Any advice?

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @AislingFaulkner ,

If you have these in a gallery, put this in the Image property (use your domain name)

"https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/getpreview.ashx?path=" & ThisItem.AbsoluteUri

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hi Warren, That works for images, but does not work for other document types. Is there a way to get this for Office type documents?

Hi @AislingFaulkner ,

I can assure you it works for most files (PDF, Word, Excel as well as Images) - below is an example on a PDF from one of my production apps (it also works on mobile devices)

ShowPDFThumbAttach.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

AislingFaulkner
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz , that's odd, it sitll isn't working for me for Office files, only PDF's and images. Please see attatched image to see what I meanimage.png

Hi @AislingFaulkner ,

Yes you are correct about Excel (just tested now - I don't attach them often), but it does work on Word and PDF and is the best you are going to do unless you go back to the Library.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @AislingFaulkner ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,164)