cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ricardo_Vieira
Regular Visitor

Viewing and using a image as a map.

Hello, as a new PowerApps user and a current appsheet user I need to port my current site survey app to the Microsoft platform.

So, I created an app in PAs, that lets me save names, tag numbers, values and pictures of things that I detect on the factory floor, in the appsheet app I have the same data, plus a custom map(jpg from a autocad floor plan drawing) that let me pin the all the entries, and the pins have a colour code based on one of the columns (ok, Nok, and so on...) and with that I created a map view that let's me look for pins based on location. 

Is there any away I can have that in powerapps? I can´t use GPS/Bing/Google maps since the factory has multiple floors and some of the entries are less than a meter apart.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Viewing and using a image as a map.

Hi @Ricardo_Vieira ,

Do you want to display  image and use this image to filter data?

Firstly, you could save and display data in PowerApps.

If you use sharepoint list as data source, you just need to create a hyperlink column.

Then you could update images to sharepoint in PowerApps.

The image could come from local, could be taken by the camera in PowerApps, could be hand painted in PowerApps, could also come from cloud.

If you want to display it, just use the image control in PowerApps.

However, using the objects' location in the image to filter data is not supported currently.

I suggest you express your views about adding mapping function on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

You could only use data to filter data.

For example, use the image's url to filter data.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ricardo_Vieira
Regular Visitor

Re: Viewing and using a image as a map.

Hello,

thank you for your response, to simplify I need this https://community.appsheet.com/t/xy-column-type/8314 functionality in the PowerApps platform since I'm trying to migrate my current apps from AppSheet to the Microsoft platform, and this is the only item left in the checklist to make the move.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,996)