Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Viewing more than 1 profile picture

Hi,

I'm working on an employee kudos app.  I have the option for a coworker to thank a single employee, or a team.  For a single employee they can add 1 email address (using the people column option in SharePoint to lookup in Outlook Users).  For multiple employees I have it setup the same, but the column option in SharePoint allows you to enter more than 1.

I can show a profile picture when somebody only entered 1 email address (using columnName.Picture), but when I try to use the same for the column in Sharepoint that allows multiple emails I get an error "Expected Image Value" over .Picture   

I wasn't sure where to start to show multiple images.  I tried inserting a gallery, and that was a mess! haha.

Just wondering if somebody has done this and knows where I should start.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Viewing more than 1 profile picture

Hi @aharsh ,

Since the Person field allows multiple selections,  the columnName.Picture code returns a single-column table with Pictures, and you have to use Gallery to display all person's pictures.

For example, you want to show all persons' picture in the first line of sharepoint list, please try this:

1. set Gallery.Item: First('SP list').MultiplePersonColumn.

2. Add an Image inside the gallery, set the image property: ThisItem.Picture

Snipaste_2020-05-01_14-05-23.pngSnipaste_2020-05-01_14-05-44.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Since the row contains multiple emails for the group, is it possible to consider an image that represent that particular Group. That is groups image or using one of the group member's image to represent the group.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @eka24 ,

Thank you for the idea, I'm not sure that will meet my needs though.  And even so, I can't get the code to pick just one picture. And if I had a group picture I'd have to add functionality for somebody to upload a group picture and pull that picture.

I'm trying to do something like they did in the onboarding app, but I can't install that app to see how they did it (getting an error with Outlook Tasks, we have it - but the app is asking for an admin to approve it before it will install). 

moreProfileImages.png

Thanks! Angie

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aharsh ,

Since the Person field allows multiple selections,  the columnName.Picture code returns a single-column table with Pictures, and you have to use Gallery to display all person's pictures.

For example, you want to show all persons' picture in the first line of sharepoint list, please try this:

1. set Gallery.Item: First('SP list').MultiplePersonColumn.

2. Add an Image inside the gallery, set the image property: ThisItem.Picture

Snipaste_2020-05-01_14-05-23.pngSnipaste_2020-05-01_14-05-44.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Oh my goodness, @v-siky-msft  - that is amazing!!

It worked EXACTLY as you shared. Thank you so much!! My app is ready for prime time 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,861)