cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Views

I have two subareas using the same entity and am using model driven. I have two views which I'd like to assign each subarea a view each. 

When I click on the subarea the default view appears for both subareas. 

Is there a way to set the 'default' for each subarea - or is there a better I can get users to view the information. End users are used to following bouncing ball rather then changing the view. 

Thanks in advance.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Views

Hi @EdMafi 

The way to do this is to add a URL link for the subarea, rather than an entity link.

Let's say you open an entity and then select one of the other views. If you examine the address bar of the browser, the URL will look something like this:

https://org9a63024x.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?appid=18923225-4c83-ea11-a812-000d3a31ed8d&pagetype=e...

The view ID argument in this address specifies the view. You can edit the subarea in your site map to point directly to this address, to set the default view.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @EdMafi 

With regards to it opening in a new window, that was a slight mistake on my part.

What I should have said is that the URL that you add only needs to be relative URL, so the value you would add would start /main.aspx?appid=xxx etc.

That should hopefully modify the link so that it opens in the same window.

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @EdMafi 

The way to do this is to add a URL link for the subarea, rather than an entity link.

Let's say you open an entity and then select one of the other views. If you examine the address bar of the browser, the URL will look something like this:

https://org9a63024x.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?appid=18923225-4c83-ea11-a812-000d3a31ed8d&pagetype=e...

The view ID argument in this address specifies the view. You can edit the subarea in your site map to point directly to this address, to set the default view.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @timl 

Thanks for the information

I can't seem tot access the link - but I can follow your drift. 

Is there a way to then set the link so it doesn't open in a new window. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @EdMafi 

With regards to it opening in a new window, that was a slight mistake on my part.

What I should have said is that the URL that you add only needs to be relative URL, so the value you would add would start /main.aspx?appid=xxx etc.

That should hopefully modify the link so that it opens in the same window.

image.png

Highlighted

@EdMafi Will the URL change as my IT staff promotes a model-driven app from DEV to TEST to PROD?  How do I get the URL to follow the promotion flow?

Thx,

GSW

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @GSW 

It seems like I'm missing something?!?

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,142)