cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Visable if status is true for this item in another datasource

ColorIf.pngI've got two datasources and one of them shows a gallery with basedata. In the other one, "Location" I've got one column "UI" that shows status for every item of the gallery; "true" of "false".

How do I get the blue circle visible if the status is true in the other datasource?

Please, if oyu like to help me, don't go to fast since I'm quite new to functions and Powerapps. I like to learn and understand about this just as much as get it done. 

Wish you all a pleasant weekend.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Visable if status is true for this item in another datasource

Hi!

Once again I've been helped by @hpkeong and this time he first showed me how to use Lookup and then, the mistery of "True" and "TRUE".

My app is about attendance at a after school center and I wanted the circle to be visible depending on:

1. if it was today (DateColumn)

2. the name of selected kid (Name)

3. and the class/department at the after school center. (Dep)

4. and the UI value was "true". 

Circle1.Visible =

If(LookUp(Location; DateColumn = TodayDate.Text && Dep= StartGallery.Selected.Result && Name = StudentTB.Text).UI="True"; true; false)

If(LookUp(datasource; condition1 && condition2 && condition3).ColumnOfInterest="True"; true; false)

Don't miss the capital "T" in "True"!

@hpkeong found out that in Excel it says "TRUE" but in the formula it's got to be "True". Otherwise it would work.

I hope this could be as help for someone else as it was to me. I love to learn!

Ola

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ola

Nice UI Design. Very professional look.

You had added circle to indicate when it is "true".

So, just "think from the circle's visibility" iteself, and you will get to what you want.

- Circle1.Visible = If(Toggle1.Value = true, true, false)

[Ignore the datasources, because you are only Showng on the screen (UI) and has no connection with the DS]

Hope I am correct.

Have a nice day even though weather in Europe is very cold.

hpkeong
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi PK Hong

Thank you once again for all your support.

I'm afraid this doesn't work because I misslead you in my short description. This is the attendance app and the circle tell if a kid plays indoor or outdoor (true of false). The toogle in the picture turns green when the kid is present. 

As far as I understand I could either write a function that reads from the other datasource or develop your method and in some way add "thisitem". In that case I also need to now that the toggle always is updated.

When I tried  to change "Toogle1" to "Toogle2" every circle got blue.

Thanks for the kind word about the design. Well, I believe you appreciate a shadow in more ways than we do here up north. It's -10 C here today so we all want to see and feel the sun. Smiley Wink

Have a nice day

Ola

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OlaH,

What is your current situation?

Do you need any further assistance on this?

And if you have any workaround, please feel free to share it here.

Besides, could you please share some more information regarding the data used, and the purpose of the controls/Icons (the circle icon and the toogle)?

What data are stored under the two tables used? 

If the circle here is only used to show the status of the item listed in the gallery, then we may take a try with the following method:

Change the Visible property of the circle icon with the formula below:

If(Isempty(filter(Anotherdatasource, Datasource.column=thisitem.StudentName)),false,true)

Adding the function reference:

Filter, search and lookup functions in PowerApps

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi!

Once again I've been helped by @hpkeong and this time he first showed me how to use Lookup and then, the mistery of "True" and "TRUE".

My app is about attendance at a after school center and I wanted the circle to be visible depending on:

1. if it was today (DateColumn)

2. the name of selected kid (Name)

3. and the class/department at the after school center. (Dep)

4. and the UI value was "true". 

Circle1.Visible =

If(LookUp(Location; DateColumn = TodayDate.Text && Dep= StartGallery.Selected.Result && Name = StudentTB.Text).UI="True"; true; false)

If(LookUp(datasource; condition1 && condition2 && condition3).ColumnOfInterest="True"; true; false)

Don't miss the capital "T" in "True"!

@hpkeong found out that in Excel it says "TRUE" but in the formula it's got to be "True". Otherwise it would work.

I hope this could be as help for someone else as it was to me. I love to learn!

Ola

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If you have multiselect dropdown values and you want to have conditional visibility you can use the following condition in visible property of that Card or whatever,

If(CountIf(DataCardValue.SelectedItems,Value="Selection Required")>0,true,false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,288)