cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lizzlenizzle

Visibility Using Multiple Buttons

btnpage.JPG

I'm creating an activity on some eLearning where an individual is attempting to select the correct answers. I have a next button set up with the variable visibleNext. I am trying to only have the Next button appear when all of the green buttons have been selected (these buttons begin white but have a display mode variable). I tried adding to the green buttons with all of the green variables included like below:

If(UpdateContext({display132btn:DisplayMode.Disabled, display464btn:DisplayMode.Disabled, display011btn:DisplayMode.Disabled}), UpdateContext({visibleNext:true}))

But no luck there. I also tried just adding an If formula to the visible function on the next button:

If(btn132.Pressed = true & btn464.Pressed = true & btn011.Pressed = true), UpdateContext({visibleNext:true}) 

etc. But still no luck. 

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. Lots of content online but nothing specific to my problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PG_WorXz10 

Thanks so much for your help. I changed up my formula in the visible function for the next button based on your advice. It worked! This is what I ended up going with:

If(
btn132.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn464.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn011.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn530.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn027.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn079.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn083.DisplayMode = Disabled,
true)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Lizzlenizzle ,

Could please share some more details like the logic for green buttons and is these buttons inside any gallery ? 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Lizzlenizzle

Hi @PG_WorXz10 

The buttons are not in any gallery. The idea is to have the users search their online database and select the correct buttons, we use the Next button to ensure they don't progress before completing the activity. The only formulas the buttons currently have on them are their displaymode, as they change colour when selected if they are right (green) or wrong (red). The current formula I have on the buttons are like this (but relative to the number on the button e.g. this is the one for button 132):

UpdateContext({display132btn:DisplayMode.Disabled})

Hi @Lizzlenizzle ,

Do you have any other color code if button is not clicked ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

No other codes, it's just the button isn't disabled and stays white. @PG_WorXz10 

btnpage2.JPG

I have tried this formula without luck as well on the onVisible of the screen based on a formula I've used previously for navigating:

If(
btn132.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn464.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn011.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn530.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn027.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn079.DisplayMode = Disabled && btn083.DisplayMode = Disabled,
UpdateContext({visibleNext: true})
)

This is the formula that worked previously on a different project:

Lizzlenizzle_0-1633337457429.png

Hi @Lizzlenizzle ,

Try the below code. Update according to your requirements. 

If(btn132.Fill=RGBA(255, 255, 255, 1) Or btn464.Fill=RGBA(255, 255, 255, 1) Or btn011Fill=RGBA(255, 255, 255, 1),false,true)

Hi @Lizzlenizzle ,

Just to touch base. Did you manage to resolve this issue ? 

Hi @PG_WorXz10 

Thanks so much for your help. I changed up my formula in the visible function for the next button based on your advice. It worked! This is what I ended up going with:

If(
true)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,680)