Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ell1990
Helper I
Helper I

Visibility based on user

Hi,

I would like to add an icon to a gallery connected to a document library which is only visible if the app user has added an item to a SharePoint list.

The gallery is a document library which shows the user several folders.  In the next gallery, they can see the files within those folders.  

I have been working on an annotation feature so if the user wants to make a note about a file, they can add it on the app and it will save in a SharePoint list which records the users email and the file name.

Is there a way of making the icon in the gallery visible only if a user has added an item to the SharePoint list?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@ell1990 

Hi,

You can set below formula on App "OnStart" property

Set(UserName,User().FullName);

and then set the "Visible" property of the icon to the below:

If(ThisItem.'Created By'.DisplayName=UserName,true,false)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@ell1990 

Hi,

You can set below formula on App "OnStart" property

Set(UserName,User().FullName);

and then set the "Visible" property of the icon to the below:

If(ThisItem.'Created By'.DisplayName=UserName,true,false)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,216)